Monday, November 17, 2014

Japan Food Trip!

I've been wanting to post about my food trip in Japan and finally got the time now!

My Japan trip covered the 3 most popular destinations: Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto.

Here's some photos I gathered from my trip!

First dinner/midnight snack I had after I landed in Tokyo. It's called onigiri or rice ball in English. It's made with white rice wrapped in nori (seaweed)

Traditional Tempura Cold Soba. The dipping sauce, called Mentsuyu, is the best part!

Trip to Japan is not a trip without Sushi! Go to a traditional "sushi train" restaurant and feel the experience for yourself. It's a fun experience and you get to have lots of choices of sushi.


Make sure you don't miss out on an authentic Japanese BBQ experience. You get to choose the meat you want and cook it yourself. Highlight of the meats selection that worth a try are the Wagyu and Beef Tongue.


Japanese take on pasta. Chicken Garlic pasta with nori on top and warm breads on the side. It's something different to have if you're bored with all the Japanese style food.

Cute Hello Kitty donuts & cupcakes at Hello Kitty Land in Universal Studio, Osaka. It's too cute to be eaten!


Another food highlight in Osaka that you can't miss: TAKOYAKI balls! Takoyaki is a snack made of wheat flour and typically mixed with diced octopus. Pictures are taken from the Takoyaki Museum in Osaka.

Watch for my next food trip adventure with more destinations and food to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment